While waiting for life to return to pre-pandemic normalcy (or something close to it), the Charleston CVB developed a list of 21 things to do in the New Year virtually and in-person. When venturing out, please be sure to wear your mask to stop the spread so we can all enjoy Charleston in-person soon!
1. Enjoy ice cream from Ellen’s Homemade Ice Cream (any time of year!) and explore the extensive vegetarian menu
2. Shop for local products online: Start with salt from J.Q. Dickinson Salt-Works
3. Take a walk along the Carriage Trail
4. Grab a beverage while you shop Taylor Books
5. Discover the city’s Virtual Public Art Tour
6. Enjoy a scenic walk and explore the city’s history at Spring Hill Cemetery Park & Arboretum
7. Discover retail, world-class dining, and local art at the Bridge Road Shops
8. Grab a growler of
9. Dine around Charleston: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
10. See where your favorite Tudor’s Biscuit ranks in our unofficial poll
11. Explore sites from Charleston to Huntington on the Route 60 Ramble
12. Get to know #CWV’s arts, history, and people through the SEE 33 vlog
13. Indulge in the Mountain Stage Podcast archives
14. Relax with a Quarantine Cocktail
15. Read books by West Virginia authors
16. Visit the State Museum and the State Capitol Complex
17. Shop for seasonal goodness at Capitol Market
18. Grab lunch from a local restaurant to enjoy while social distancing at Haddad Riverfront Park
19. Take a “field trip” to the Clay Center to discover the Avampato Discovery Museum. Reservations required.
20. Book an overnight getaway at a Charleston hotel
21. Discover our Undiscovered blog and create your own Charleston adventure!